FastTrac® GrowthVenture™ - To help existing entrepreneurs improve their business
May 4 — Aug 3, 2017
ScaleUp Thurston takes a facilitated group learning approach, combines it with connections to local business investors, and caps it off with prominent presentations. This may be just what you need to break through and double or triple your business in the coming years.
Hosted by the Thurston Economic Development Council (EDC) and the Center for Business & Innovation (CB&I), the ScaleUp Thurston cohort 4 will run May through August 2017 every Thursday from 5:30 - 9:00 pm.
ScaleUp Thurston includes the following:
- 10 weekly classroom sessions of the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac GrowthVenture taught by certified instructors and guest speakers
- One-on-one business counseling throughout with Business Growth Strategy Manager Daryl Murrow
- Peer group of up to 20 ScaleUp Thurston business executives in each cohort
- Facilitated connections to local commercial lenders and potential private investors
- Four exclusive networking events with the cohort and invited business leaders:
- Welcome Reception – Kick-off featuring organizers, leaders and cohort
- Money Talks – Investors and lenders explain what they need to write checks
- At Your Service – Consultants explain the secrets to accelerated success
- Graduation and Pitches – Public celebration and sharing of growth plans
- Development of individual, custom Growth Plan to execute in the next 12 months
The ScaleUp Thurston experience is at least a $5,000 value, but is absolutely FREE to the business owner, through federal contract funding of the U.S. Small Business Administration. Participation is therefore strictly limited and expected to be highly competitive.
- Participant must be the business owner or an executive officer
- Average annual gross revenue over previous 2 year period of between $150,000 and $500,000
- Business owned and operated in the vicinity of Thurston County, Washington
- Ability and commitment to actively participate in all classes and networking events
Applications must be received by April 24, 2017!
Acceptance into the ScaleUp Thurston Training Program is determined by a committee comprised of CB&I staff and stakeholder volunteers. Selection is based on the applicants’ eligibility and the quality of their application materials. ScaleUp Thurston is an equal opportunity, and funders especially encourage women, minority, veteran, rural and tribal business executive owners.
No Longer Accepting Applications.